Pupil Premium Funding
The Pupil Premium grant provided to schools is allocated each academic year, with a specific focus on supporting our most disadvantaged students aiming to reduce the attainment gap.
- Were registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) within the last six years.
- Have been looked after in local authority care for 1 day or more.
- Were adopted from care or left care under special guardianship order or child arrangement order.
Are eligible for support from the Pupil Premium grant.
At Holy Family RC & CE College it is our belief that every child, irrespective of background, culture, social deprivation, or other barrier should be afforded every opportunity to achieve their potential and be the best version of themselves. It is with this shared belief that we use the Pupil Premium grant to implement our strategy at Holy Family College.
Pupil Premium funding allowances: funding to support strategies to close the gap is allocated in the following to school
- Eligible Pupil Premium student, school receives £955.
- Students in local authority care, school receives £2345.
- Students previously in local authority care but have been adopted, placed under special guardianship or child arrangement order, school receives £2345.
- Students recorded as ever 6 service child (where a parent is serving in the armed forces) school receives £310
Principles of Pupil Premium Grant: is provided to schools to narrow the disadvantage gap by addressing inequalities and raising the attainment of identified students. This can include:
- Targeted additional support for students to raise attainment and progress and close the gap.
- Access to extra-curricular activities.
- Additional opportunities to improve life chances.
- Individual specific support for school, for example school uniform, attendance in school.
Further detail regarding the use of the Pupil Premium Strategy and review of previous strategies is included in the reports detailed within this section.
Further information about Pupil Premium funding is available from the Department for Education using the link below: