In January 2022, Holy Family was visited by an inspection team from Ofsted. Once again, the school has been judged as GOOD. Securing another strong judgement is testament to the hard work of all our school community: students, staff, and governors. We feel our school is best reflected by these comments in the report:
- 'Staff and governors set high expectations for pupils’ achievement. Pupils benefit from a well-structured curriculum. They achieve well.'
- 'Pupils behave well in lessons. They listen, contribute confidently and learn without disruption. Most pupils also behave well between lessons and at social times. They are friendly, sociable and have fun.'
- 'Pupils like coming to this school. They told inspectors that it is a safe place where they learn well. Pupils are well known by staff.'
- 'Leaders and teachers have strong subject knowledge. They use their subject expertise well to plan activities that engage and inspire pupils.'
Please find below copies of our Ofsted reports:
Section 48 Inspection Reports
Our most recent Section 48 Inspection was under the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Mathodist Schools (SIAMS) which took place on 19th - 20th June 2023.
It was an affirming experience for our community with all aspects being recognised as excellent. The key strengths of the school included:
- 'Spirituality is a natural part of everyday life at Holy Family and is readily recognised and expressed through relationships.'
- 'Holy Family maximises every opportunity to care for members of their community. Including support for wellbeing, mental health, charity work and social action.'
- 'Varied and relevant collective worship impacts extremely positively on all members of the school family.'
- 'Exceptional religious education (RE) teaching and a bespoke curriculum ensure very positive outcomes, character development and attitudes towards learning.'
The full inspection report is available below.